Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Completion of MikkaylaGuillett.com

After months of trying different layouts, site builders, and fonts my website is finally complete. My Social Media for Public Relations class allowed us to pick a semester long project of our choice. I thought it would be interesting to learn about Personal Branding. Branding expert Dan Schawbel defines personal branding as "how we market ourselves to others." It was important to me to choose a topic that would be relevant after graduation. What better way than a website that will help me market myself to potential employers.

My website is not flashy and should not be compared to those of famous people who have disposable funds to pay people to build their websites. Instead, it is simple but gets my message across. It contains an abundance of information about myself that will help employers learn more about me than what is simply written on my resume. Instead the words written on my resume transform in to samples of my work that are displayed under my portfolio page. If you have time, I recommend taking a few minutes out of your day to check out my website. I am open to suggestions and would love to hear your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment